I’m not sure how it looks in your neck of the woods, but if you live in Colorado Springs, I *know* you’ve been relishing our fall that’s been straight up magic. As in unicorns, fairies, and leprechauns, oh my! By this point of October, we’ve usually had a hard freeze or four, but not this year. We’ve enjoyed warmer temps that have extended our fall foliage to a duration I’ve not known since moving here eleven years ago.
An extended change can be abundantly good, as this extended fall has abundantly proved.
So, on that note, I’ll say: 1. The magic of the Colorado autumn is my first favorite thing!
2. My book club with Holley Gerth! Holley and I are hosting a book club, and we’d sure love to have you join us!
When Holley (aka my favorite writing buddy) and I were together a few weeks ago, we started talking about how fun it would be to do a joint book club. While we all can experience change during any given season, it’s rather synonymous with this current one when nature reflects so much change as well. That’s why now is a good time to go through my devotional When Change Finds You together.
And since the holidays can bring just a tiny slosh of stress, it’s an opportune time to also discuss Holley’s stellar new devotional, What Your Soul Needs for Stressful Times as well.
☑️Starting TOMORROW, Thursday, October 28th, meet us at my insta-place for an Instagram Live at 1pm CST. Hop on Instagram at that time, and my profile picture as well as Holley’s will appear at the top of your feed with a colorful ring around it and the word “Live.” Tap or click my profile picture to view it. And if you miss it altogether, it’ll be saved under the videos tab on my profile!
☑️First up to bat, we’ll discuss a takeaway or two from days 1-7 of When Change Finds You.
3. Brown Butter Maple Glazed Cinnamon Apple Scones: My daughter described these scones as the baby of a cinnamon role and an apple fritter. Oh my stars, they are delish. I made them this week in preparation for company, but our guest had to cancel. I’m sad about that, but that means there’s more for us! YAY!!
4. Harney & Sons Paris Tea or Hot Cinnamon Tea: The only thing better than a scone is a scone & tea. An instagram friend recommended Paris Tea to me a while back, and I LOVE it. So, so good. And of course, this is.a good time of year for this herbal tea as well!
5. Mrs. Meyers products through Grove Collective: I really love Mrs. Meyers seasonal counter sprays, dish soaps, hand soaps, and candles because they arne’t heavy or overwhelming, instead they’re light and refreshing. I need soaps and cleaning sprays anyway, so why not have some that add to the seasonal feel around the house? While I can sometimes find them super cheap at the USAFA commissary, they generally don’t go on sale. So, I like to shop for them through Grove Collective because they’re available there at a discounted price. If you’re interested in checking out that site, visit it here. Mrs. Meyers fall scents are my most favorite, especially Acorn Spice. Having Acorn Spice and Apple Cider around the house has become a seasonal tradition! (And you know how I love traditions!)
6. Pet Hair Pickup Roller: Fo the most practical of favorite things, I bring you these pet hair removers. I’ve tried no less than 57 different brands, and these are by far the best!
That’s all for now, dearheart! I hope to see you at Book Club tomorrow, and I doubly hope fall is treating you very, very well!